Sunday, May 9, 2010

When Skies Are Gray

Like no other, wipe my tears away
Chair rocks front and back, lullaby
Like no other, tender hugs and kisses
Protector, provider, crying shoulder
Like no other, love no matter what
Heart beats and breaks for me
Like no other, holding nothing back
Offering everything you have and more
Like no other, strength from deep inside
Give your all to guard against my fears
Like no other, a light of comfort
Someone when there's no one
Like no other, arms outstretched
No matter what I've said or done
Like no other, I can hardly imagine
Hoping to be half the woman you are

The only greater love than this
Can be God's amazing love
For when I think of you, Mom
This is the closest I've come
To understanding how He can love us
No matter what we've done
This is the incomprehensible, unconditional, perfect, selfless love of our Father...
The love I see modeled in you

Thank you for seeing my sunshine even when the dark consumes and I cannot see for miles away
Happy Mother's Day

No comments: