Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fractured Reality

Shards of who I am lie scattered in the basin
Slowly drowning in rushing water as it flows
Over imperfections and potential
Hidden in each piece of this glass
Reflects and casts light on every flaw
Turning to a pool of tears and defeat

The water escapes, along with tiny remnants
All splayed out, misshapen and distorted
Shaking my head, I keep turning away
Doubt turns to anger, turning to emptiness
Gives way to the nothing I've transformed into
Nothing to lose, nothing to give, nothing to be


Who will risk themselves for this?
To pick up pieces of broken self
Reach into scalding water, red with blood
Burned and cut up for your cause, and for what?
Denied and ignored, even after all this
Even as I reach out in anger, pushing away
Knocking them from your open hands

But still... outstretched and torn apart
Again, you are picking up pieces of me
Silently, with tears in your eyes
Waiting to offer restoration and hope
As the black rushes over, gripping tightly
Like thorn covered vines, holding on for dear life
Rising up from the drain to claim pieces

Holding nothing back, fury bubbles and boils
For the darker the water, gets harder to see
The pieces sink deeper into the mess
I take my steps away, turning my back
From the war that ensues over scraps
Of identity, truth... of life, death and reality
In my bathroom sink

1 comment:

Rodknee said...

pieces of who you once were may be shattered but in the right hands of a master artist they can be made into something amazingly beautiful! I believe you have much beauty to attain if you will just surrender yourself to the Artist! I loveyou.