Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pinwheel

Turning slowly in a cool Spring breeze
A night spent planning and laughing
Who knew this would be our last?

Barely spinning, stale summer sun
The ground cracks, dry and thirsty
Lonely and confused, I cry
Autumn winds swirl out of control
Everything moves so fast, so soon
Almost forgetting, in the change of it all

Frozen winter, no longer spinning
Family and holidays, a comfort
Yet a grim reminder of your absence

Spring returns, the wind still turns you
Green starts to grow over the pain
A lifetime in the flash of one year



Memories fill my soul, your smile fills my heart
I miss you so much, I think of you often
When I pass by Weidler, a flood of past
Holidays come and go, an emptiness lingers
You were the center, the common ground
We all go about the routines and traditions
But you are there in the back of our minds
I am so thankful for the things you taught me
The time you spent, the life you shared
Your selfless dedication to family and God
I will never forget you, I will always miss you
One year ago, I lost you in the flesh
But I will always hold you close to me
Until the day I can hear you sing again


M. Fern Amand
11/30/1925 - 3/24/2010

No comments: