Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Catawampus

Held in a constant state of holding,
A cold tear rolls down into the corner of a smile,
Heart is pounding while my soul is laughing,
Even in morning, the darkness is here,
Where sunrise and sunset exchanged,
Torn and bleeding, gaping gashes,
Turning into new, ripe skin, ready and willing...

A silver medal in going for the gold,
Turning the corner, to find a culdesac,
Mind over matter, but what mind matters?
Blurry static memory, if only,
Failure to fail, a constant reminder,
Step up to the plate and splinter the bat,
Take up and run but fall through the cracks,
Where is here and there is where?
I cannot see, smoke stings my eyes,
Finally open, only cobwebs and dust,
Nothing, no one, echoes of voices,
But only my own, muffled and coarse,
Here I am, but where are you?
Eternally... YOU, THEY, THEM...
Here I am... but am I here?

No comments: